Sunday, January 28, 2007

Swimming in January

The balcony is almost done - just needs the railings and a paint job - should be happening this week. I rekeyed the house yesterday as my Saturday project - now the door knobs lock on the inside, too, so we don't get locked out - plus the doors are now lined up correctly and the lock directions are universal - amazing to me that the original installers couldn't have done a better job.

TJ and Heather and Toby and I had a blast swimming for almost 2 hours last night - the water was nice at 85, but TJ was cold, so he learned how to change the thermostat and made it 95 degrees. Mommy went and got a well deserved pedicure and manicure instead of going swimming with us. The kids and I also went on a bike ride to the school and went over the speed bumps over and over again - I guess that is fun to see how much it will "bump" the kids in the back seat. 8 am church is fun - we had to yell to get Heather to wake up this morning - she slept on the floor next to Susan and let me know that she was still tired once I finally got her up. And now, we have meetings on Sunday afternoon and of course, visiting teaching and home teaching - no chance for a nap still!

Toby is starting to talk more - he is even using some of the hand signals that Susan has been teaching him - hopefully he'll start doing some potty training soon, too. I realized today that the kids are 8, 5, and 2 - and started counting up to what kind of age combinations we have to look forward to in the future - like 12, 9, and 6 - then 16, 13, and 10; and watch out for 19, 16, and 13!!!

Susan and I are going to have to have a "companionship inventory" to determine what we can be doing now to make those teenage years easier - we should probably start storing prayers in the prayer bank now :)
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: