Saturday, August 18, 2007

Catching up (on my blog and with reunions)


I love Arizona sunsets. I caught these pictures from our back balcony while I was home alone in the "middle" of our 1 big summer family vacation. I used to love Arizona sunrises during my paper route days (it was one of the few good things about that job) but I haven't seen one in awhile. So, the following 23 posts of mostly 4 pics each reflect part of the last month of our lives (amazingly there was work, some rest, and lots of driving that is all not represented). The posts are in reverse chronological order as you go down the page, I wasn't good enough to reverse everything like Susan did on her blog. She also writes more - so if you can't interpret the story from the pics . . .

One quick story though - TJ let Heather know that during the first week of school that the kindergartners get a tour of the school, including the principal's office. TJ remembered from his tour getting a gingerbread cookie from the principal and he noted where the principal got them from in his office. SOOOO - TJ told Heather what to expect and also told her which cabinet the cookies would be in - AND Heather snatched herself a cookie during the tour before the principal got them out to hand out - she stole a cookie during her first trip to the principal's office (and didn't get caught - she ate two cookies)!! This morning she made a ginger bread figure out of paper and came in to show it to me, so I snapped some pictures for she and TJ to remember this caper.

This is my dad with his brother and sisters. We went to my (1) mom's mom's family reunion and (2) my mom's dad's family (briefly) and then this pic is from my (3) dad's family reunion. I then drove Susan and kids to WA so they could hang out there with Susan's parents (while I flew home to work for a week) and then I drove them back down through Beaver for my (4) dad's mom's dad's extended family reunion.

Sorry for so many pictures - I finally got around to getting all of the pics off of the memory sticks and these are just a FEW of the many we took. By the way - if you like a picture, click on it. I've uploaded the full resolution versions and you will be able to get the original picture - if you want it as a background on your computer or you want to save it, just right click on the big version and choose "save as" or "set as background" - enjoy and feel free to leave comments!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Heather has some nerve! The pictures are great!

Your favorite sister said...

That Heather! She just cracks me up. Must be the Jensen side or something!

I do really like the sunset pictures. They are really pretty!