Friday, November 10, 2006

TJ's BIG DAY
Last Saturday, Nov 4, was a fun day. I got up early and pulled the cars out of the garage so I could clean it up and so I could put together the basketball hoop for the trampoline. The kids "helped" as Susan and I did the preparations for a birthday party (order and pick up pizzas, put up decorations, mop the floor, prepare gift bags, pick up the cake and ice cream . . . oh, wait, Susan did all of those things - I put together the basketball hoop for the trampoline).
The party went well - I just set some lasertag guns out in the garage and they spent the next hour "shooting" each other. TJ preferred to sit inside with us (his family) and reminded me what I was like at my birthday parties as a kid - too much action and attention made me feel uneasy. Susan coaxed him back outside and he had a good time watching all of those crazy boys. Susan and I talked about how much we appreciate having TJ once we saw the energy of his peers. But, maybe he is that way at their birthday parties?
Heather was a big helper - she got along well with the boys and loved all the action and excitement. Toby loved the pizza.
The party wasn't over until the boys started hanging on the basketball hoop I spent all morning on (it still lists to one side now) and then they went out front and sped down the culdesac on the 4 seater bike and tipped it over. Their parents started showing up just in time.
Hopefully I can get the bike fixed soon - I ordered some parts for it. Oh - and the picture of TJ here is him making a "birthday party activity list" for all of the boys to read and choose from - he had a great time and is the best behaved 8 year-old I know!


 Posted by Picasa

No comments: