Thursday, September 25, 2008

Your Urgent Reply Requested


Your Urgent Help Needed


Dear American:

I need to ask you to support an urgent secret business relationship with atransfer of funds of great magnitude.

I am Ministry of the Treasury of the Republic of America. My country has hadcrisis that has caused the need for large transfer of funds of 800 billiondollars US. If you would assist me in this transfer, it would be mostprofitable to you.

I am working with Mr. Phil Gram, lobbyist for UBS, who will be myreplacement as Ministry of the Treasury in January. As a Senator, you mayknow him as the leader of the American banking deregulation movement in the1990s.


This transactin is 100% safe.


This is a matter of great urgency. We need a blank check. We need the fundsas quickly as possible. We cannot directly transfer these funds in the names of our close friends because we are constantly under surveillance. My family lawyer advised me that I should look for a reliable and trustworthy person who will act as a next of kin so the funds can be transferred.


Please reply with all of your bank account, IRA and college fund accountnumbers and those of your children and grandchildren to wallstreetbailout@treasury.gov so that we may transfer your commission forthis transaction. After I receive that information, I will respond withdetailed information about safeguards that will be used to protect thefunds.


Yours Faithfully

Minister of Treasury Paulson

3 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

I thought this was hilarious when I saw it yesterday. (And you thought it was only the Nigerians who needed your help to make you incredibly wealthy!)

BTW, the NYTimes Opinionator credited it to this site: http://www.theseminal.com/2008/09/23/awaiting-your-correspondance-important-business-matter/

It's probably going around as an anonymous email now, but I think the author should be acknowledged/linked back to. (I'm not sure that is The Seminal, but I hope the NYTimes fact-checked it.)

Susan said...

I'm so glad you emailed this to me and posted it on your blog. I really want to help with the bailout, so I just sent them all our info. Hope you don't mind.

Your favorite sister said...

Susan, that is so good of you to do your civic duty! :) I mean I am always willing to send blank checks to strangers!