Sunday, September 09, 2007

Summer isn't over yet


Ok - so it is still hot. Really hot. But, the pool did cool down to 88 degrees, and it feels much better than the 92 it has been. Me and the kids went swimming twice yesterday (Saturday) and they went a third time with Rachel the babysitter last night. It really is just playing outside, and it happens to be in the pool in order to make it bearable.

The other big 'haps' this weekend has been at the Diamondbacks' games. TJ and I went on Friday night - he got his regular personal cheese pizza and a rice krispie square (a $10 meal at the ballpark). We played the promotional 'ballpark bingo' but didn't ever make it to bingo. It did make us (me) pay attention to the game, though - each square on the bingo card had a different play result for scorekeeping, so I updated my scorekeeping skills I hadn't used since Ryan was in Juniors baseball at Poston. TJ and I used the free voucher we got from the Dbacks for being a part of the Rewards Club last season for our tickets. They were decent seats in left field - we were on the last row and it was a 2-seat bench - perfect for TJ and I. I brought my DSLR and new 75-300mm lens to experiment taking pictures. At the end of the game (which the Diamondbacks won, of course) they had a concert - Smashmouth. TJ and I sat through almost one song before we both said we had a headache. At least waiting around let the parking lot empty out so we could leave fairly quickly.
Susan and I went to the game again - last night - with our friends the Carpenters (their blog is in my links). They had a voucher for 4 tickets and we got great seats above 3rd base right next to the concourse. The game was a blast, with lots of scoring and pitching changes - and of course, the Dbacks won again. We also got promotional bobble heads of Connor Jackson (TJ's favorite player) but skipped out on the end of game fireworks. Susan said "he's pretty hot" when I pointed out who Connor Jackson was - I guess that's how she says she approves of TJ's favorite player selection. It was fun to hang out with the Carpenters, who got to fly to D.C. for a week this morning.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: