Sunday, December 16, 2007

4 Peaks Trip to the Snow

This is a view of 4 Peaks on the way home - we (TJ, Toby and I) drove all the way to the trailhead at the edge of the left peak. It took about 2 hours to get there and an hour and 15 min to get back. TJ says it was worth it to see and play in the snow. I thought it was worth it just to 'tear it up' in the truck on the way up and down the mountain. Toby just quietly sat in the backseat and commented on the many bumps that we took. TJ and Toby had agreed to make this a tradition each year while Susan and Heather go to Nutcracker (their tradition), but they changed their minds as their stomachs got queazy on the way down. I told them the ride was just toughening them up and they'll do better next time (Toby lost it twice, but TJ not at all - of course I didn't feed them ANYTHING).


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

I remember going on this trail twice, once in the station wagon and once in the mazda pickup. I remember building an impromptu fire at the campsites... I remember David getting sick on black cherry soda and doritos! See, it isn't always me who gets sick! I'm glad you had fun, but I don't miss the the snow. . . there's plenty in Utah right now. It is nice to be away from it.

Cire said...

David says it was cool ranch doritos - sounds yummy! Yeah - those improptu trips are fun! And snow was nice for the 30 minutes we were at the top of the mountain.